The engine behind the network
The Marco Polo Platform is an open enterprise platform that enables financial institutions and corporates to streamline, secure and automate their global trade and working capital finance activities.
The platforms run on a distributed network with each user's platform configured, deployed and run separately, all connected via distributed ledger technology to the other members of the Marco Polo Network.
Access one, some, or all of the solutions available on the Network
Configure, automate, and scale many trade and supply chain finance programs
APIs and developer tools
Provide simple and secure connectivity to 3rd parties and back-office systems
Corda distributed ledger technology digitizes, secures, and streamlines multi-party trade transactions
The difference of the Marco Polo Platform
The ‘destination’ network model used by legacy providers places a hard limit on its ability to achieve mass adoption on a global scale.
The ‘distributed’ network model utilised by Marco Polo Network eliminates these technical and business model limitations, enabling it to meet all essential requirements simultaneously.
The approach allows for the mass adoption required for global scalability in a manner never before possible.
The legacy “destination” platform and network model has technical and business limitations such as:
- Users visit a single, central, branded destination to transact
- Requires bespoke integration for each new connection
- Vendor owns and controls all data
- Major data custody and data privacy issues
- A single network operator equals a single point of failure
- Cannot be customised for each user
- Limited deployment options
- Users cannot build their own solutions or integrations
The “distributed” platform model eliminates these technical and business model limitations while bringing the following benefits:
- Platform is distributed and run by each user
- A single integration to connect to the entire Network
- Network developed collaboratively with members
- Allows each user to control and manage its own data
- Achieve meaningful differentiation between other users
Fully integrated into your ERP
The Marco Polo Platform is fully integrated into your ERP allowing you to get access to multiple trade and working capital finance solutions directly from within your ERP system.
As a result, you can reduce administrative costs and risks, easily integrate with your financing partners and make use of a broader range of funding opportunities.
We are working with different ERP providers such as Oracle, SAP and Microsoft and have received the Suitecloud Innovation Award by Oracle NetSuite.
Existing trade finance infrastructure is in serious need of an upgrade, and the Marco Polo Network is a big step towards the adoption of reliable, efficient and standardised processes for the entire sector.
David RutterFounder and CEO
The Evolution of Trade Finance: Blockchain Signals New Era
Here, we explore the history of trade finance, the challenges it faces today and how blockchain in trade finance is its future